On the 23rd of April, our committee met for our regular meeting.
At each meeting, we take the opportunity to express gratitude to those who have gone above and beyond, or have done little things that made a big difference. While we are absolutely sure we've forgotten someone, a special mention to:
* Max C for organising our Run 4 the Kids teams and managing our influx of merchandise.
* Mike T for heading up to Canberra and training out of session with Mikey
* Rhiannon R for taking initiative to help with our post Run Melbourne Lunch
* Simon B for organising our Run Melbourne teams (yet to be released but the background work has started!)
* Vincent H for being magical at linking names of people he's never met before/only once and mining our archives for their images
* Amanda K - for giving the newsletter a make-over and Ness for lending some great insights
* Claudia S for a head start contribution to a grant for Run Melbourne
* Zoe A for guiding a student VIP at a schoole cross country event
and some belated thank-yous from our Februay meeting:
* Jenny B for organising the Beer Mile and Kirkdale parkrun for IDPWD
* Erika H for diving head-first into active guiding after joining us after last year's IDPWD event
* Rhiannon R for organising our Pride Run teams
* Colin H for travelling the extra miles to do Claudia's half marathon event in Port Arlington.
Remember: we take nominations in no particular orderly fashion for Volunteer of the Month. So if you think someone has gone the extra ultra-ultra-marathon mile, please let us know so we can sing our praises to them!
Leave a Reply.
Our mission is to enable people from all walks of life, including those with physical impairments, to enjoy the health giving benefits of walking and running in a supportive, social and encouraging environment.