Upcoming Sydney Events
2020 Training –
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, all Achilles training activities have been suspended until further notice.
There will be no Achilles training on the following dates:
10th May – Mother’s Day Classic
9th August – City2Surf
15th September – Blackmore’s Sydney Running Festival
Training will be shifted to Centennial Park on the following dates:
17th May – Because of the Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon
31st May – Because of the Run2Cure
Date TBC in October. Because of the Wellness Walk.
Achilles Events Calendar 2020
Many of the events listed below have been cancelled or postponed. Achilles will not be entering teams in any event until the present government restrictions are lifted. A new Events Calendar will be posted when community events are about to resume.
- Orange Running Festival: 5K, 10K, HM, M – 7th + 8th March
- RunWest: 4K Family Run, 12K – 29th March
- Mother’s Day Classic: 4KW, 4KR, 7KW, 8KR – 10th May
- SMH Half Marathon: HM + Relay, 17th May
- Run 2 Cure: 3K, 5K, 10K – 31st May
- Sydney Harbour Run: 5K, 10K – 19th July
- City to Surf: 14K – 9th August
- Blackmores Sydney Running Festival: 3.5K, 10K, HM, M – 20th September
- Wellness Walk For Mental Health: 2K W, 6K W – 11th October. Date TBC
- Balmain Fun Run: 5K 10K – 8th November. Date TBC
- Central Coast Half: HM, 10K. November. Date TBC
parkrun: Weekly Free 5km Timed Runs
Achilles encourages members to support the parkrun 5K events that are held throughout Sydney every weekend. If you wish to find a guide [or be a guide] at any of these events, Achilles is happy to help.
Note: Every parkrun is superbly managed, friendly and accessible. However, some are more difficult than others. The degree of difficulty can be altered by characteristics such as hills, broken ground, posts and course congestion. We encourage guides to be familiar with the proposed course in order that any hazards or difficulties are well understood beforehand.
Sydney-area parkruns are currently being held at the following locations. [Click on the names to navigate to the individual websites.]
Campbelltown, Centennial, Chipping Norton, Cooks River, Cronulla, Curl Curl, Dolls Point, East Richmond, Galston, Greenway, Kamay, Lawson, Menai, Mosman, Nepean River, North Sydney, Panania, Parramatta, Penrith Lakes, Rhodes, Rooty Hill, Rouse Hill, St Peters, The Ponds, Wildflower, Werrington Lakes Reserve, Willoughby.