Last updated: 7th December 2021
Our COVID-19 format has been created in line with ongoing advice from the Victorian DHHS.
Achilles Melbourne's training set up will change as we learn what works for our club, and as restrictions change. Our weekly newsletter will provide members with the most up-to-date information, as well as this webpage.
COVID19 Safety Representative:
Current training arrangements:
Achilles Sunday training is open to people who have been fully vaccinated or have a valid medical exemption.
View our COVID19 vaccination policy here.
COVID19 SUNDAY TRAINING FORMAT:
Full COVID19 training policy here
Prior to Sunday training
- All vision-impaired runners, sighted guides, family members and carers (together attendees) will be required to fill out the Sunday training RSVP form via google sheets in advance of Sunday training. This form will be circulated through the Achilles newsletter on the Thursday immediately before Sunday training.
- The RSVP form will require attendees to declare that they have received two doses of a TGA-approved COVID-19 vaccine, or have been approved for an exemption by the President and Vice President of Achilles Melbourne.
At Sunday training
- The role of Sunday training “coordinator” will continue as normal, according to the expectations of the role prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- One Achilles Melbourne member will undertake the role of “Covid Marshal”. The Covid Marshal will be elected by that week’s coordinator prior to that week’s training. Covid Marshals are permitted to attend training as a runner on top of their role as Covid Marshal.
- The Covid Marshal will be provided the Achilles Melbourne Service Victoria QR Code and attendee list.
- The Covid Marshal will be responsible for validating that all attendees who have RSVP’d check in with the Service Victoria QR Code. This will create the COVID-19 check-in record.
- Attendees are not to depart Janet Lady Clarke Rotunda until the Covid Marshal has validated their check in.
- Before they depart for their Sunday training run, the Covid Marshal must hand over the record to the coordinator.
- Should they not be running, the Covid Marshal must hand over the record before departing Sunday training.
Private running arrangements
Any runs that are organised by individuals who have connected through Achilles, but run independently out of Achilles' standard scheduling (Sunday training, Wednesday Strength, bushwalks) are at the individual's own discretion and risk.
HYGIENE AND SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES
- Special tethers from Taylored Thinking with plastic handles will be provided for free for VIPs who require these. These must be wiped down before and after use.
- Fabric tethers are not allowed until further notice
- People who use hip-to-hip tethers can still use these but must wipe down contact points before and after use
- Old folded white canes can be used as a substitute for a wipeable rigid tether
Infection control measures:
- We encourage an arrive, run, leave format.
- Avoid running on the Tan and Main Yarra Trails
- We encourage side-by-side running* where possible
- As always, guide contact should be at the elbow or shoulder*
- Wash your hands before running with another person, and after running together, before/after touching tethers or masks
- Avoid touching your face
- Hand sanitiser will be provided by Achilles and must be used each time you enter and leave the rotunda
- Surface wipes will be provided by Achilles to wipe down benches where you leave your bags
- Achilles will be a hug-free, handshake-free, high-five-free, no spitting running club (saying "Go Achilles" is permitted!)
- BYO water bottles/running hydration as drinking fountains around the Tan are taped off
- Sighted guide bibs: these can be used, but we suggest VIPs have a disposable or washable bag for guides to place this in so you can wash it straight after your run without the bib touching your other belongings.
- Will continue in an online format and/or "on the grass" at the Rotunda depending on the week/restrictions.
- As of 27th October 2021: Strength Wednesdays is "on the grass" at the Rotunda
...and of course, please don't come to training if you have a sore throat, dry cough, fever, or are generally unwell even if you've tested negative for COVID19.