Last updated: 4th October 2021
Our COVID-19 format has been created in line with ongoing advice from the Victorian DHHS, and AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport.
Achilles Melbourne's training set up will change as we learn what works for our club, and as restrictions change. Our weekly newsletter will provide members with the most up-to-date information, as well as this webpage.
COVID19 Safety Representative:
Current training arrangements:
Achilles Sunday training is currently cancelled until restrictions ease.
Athletes with a Disability can post a run request on the Facebook member's forum. Connect with a guide and sort the finer details with them privately.
- Special tethers from Taylored Thinking with plastic handles will be provided for free for VIPs who require these. These must be wiped down before and after use.
- Fabric tethers are not allowed until further notice
- People who use hip-to-hip tethers can still use these but must wipe down contact points before and after use
- Old folded white canes can be used as a substitute for a wipeable rigid tether
Infection control measures:
- We encourage an arrive, run, leave format.
- Avoid running on the Tan and Main Yarra Trails
- We encourage side-by-side running* where possible
- As always, guide contact should be at the elbow or shoulder*
- Wash your hands before running with another person, and after running together, before/after touching tethers or masks
- Avoid touching your face
- Hand sanitiser will be provided by Achilles and must be used each time you enter and leave the rotunda
- Surface wipes will be provided by Achilles to wipe down benches where you leave your bags
- Achilles will be a hug-free, handshake-free, high-five-free, no spitting running club (saying "Go Achilles" is permitted!)
- BYO water bottles/running hydration as drinking fountains around the Tan are taped off
- Sighted guide bibs: these can be used, but we suggest VIPs have a disposable or washable bag for guides to place this in so you can wash it straight after your run without the bib touching your other belongings.
- Will continue in an online format and/or "on the grass" at the Rotunda depending on the week/restrictions.
...and of course, please don't come to training if you have a sore throat, dry cough, fever, or are generally unwell even if you've tested negative for COVID19.